Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 30 --

Today is the 1st year anniversary of Ken's and my engagement to marry. People ask us all the time if we've set a date which is a completely legitimate question given we had such a bang-up wedding shower. Just as background: Ken and I had our wedding shower in the Doo Dah Parade. We literally had a "shower" set up in the back of Leigh Adam's pick up truck. It was a complete publicity gag to raise money for the making of my documentary, "Beauty Bites Beast." It was great fun and even Ken, after dreading it, had a great time. We have pictures. If you got my web page, click on the "Paparazzi" headline.

In any event, no, we're not married yet and thoroughly enjoying living in sin. We joke that we're waiting for some very generous and deep-pocketed soul to say, "Gee, I'd really like to throw you a big party!" and then we'll just use that as a place to get married too. hmmm. So far, no one's jumped on that float.

Meanwhile, Sarah Palin as a VP pick. The GOP is what we've always known them to be: calculated, cynical, crafty. ARggggh.I've often said in the past that the only way this country is going to accept a woman as a leader is if she's conservative. Sarah Palin is a nightmare. She's like Phyllis Schlafly. I can just hear everyone on the pundit circuit rubbing their nasty little pundit mitts, waiting for the fights to begin. I pledge here and now that I will do everything in my power to defeat the McCain/Palin ticket.

We've got this long weekend stretching ahead of us. I'm going to use the puttering time to finish unpacking from NY, doing some food prep and then go to my dear friend Pauline's Croning Ceremony. I love that women are beginning to seize upon ways to celebrate our passages. That's all for now.

Have a Snorty day!

No comments: